Offer an AquaYoga Class!
"The best thing about aquatic fitness is that anyone can do it," says Jaeson Kawadler, senior physical therapist at Brigham and Women’s Hospital specializing in biomechanics, orthopedic injuries, and aquatic therapy. "Most aquatic sessions take place with the water at chest level. You don’t have to know how to swim. You don’t even have to get your hair wet to realize the benefits of this positive approach to fitness and health."
People around the world are harnessing the power of water in the simplest ways. Water workouts are extremely beneficial for health and well-being. All you need is a sense of adventure, some water, and a splash of fun.
An easy, yet effective class is aquatic yoga. The water acts as a support and makes it a fun way to exercise for people of all abilities.
Click on the video link below to see an AquaYoga class in action and learn about its benefits.
All the Tools You Need to Get Started Today!
SwimEx AquaYoga Guide
Created by Maria S. Zmijewski, RPT at Bel Air Manor in Newington, CT, the SwimEx AquaYoga class is part of her aquatic program. Maria strongly believes in hydrotherapy’s benefits and constantly witnesses water’s ability to improve lives. Click on the picture below to download the guide that includes simple pool exercises and a recorded meditation.
Why water works!
5 Simple Reason Why Water Works!:
1. Water's buoyancy supports aching muscles and minimizes joint stress and pain
2. Water exercise delivers up to 15 times more resistance than exercising on land
3. Rehabilitation can begin sooner in water, helping to accelerate recovery and maximize results in less time
4. Water's gentle and supportive environment builds confidence to keep exercising
5. Water workouts are fun!
Seven achievable results with water::
1. Increased muscle mass
2. Improved balance
3. Improved core strength and better stability
4. Increased range of motion and flexibility
5. Improved cardiovascular health
6. Increased metabolism for weight loss
7. Overall well-being for a healthier life!
Click here to download the Why Water Works! flyer.
What is SwimEx?
Harness the power of water. Join the wave for a healthier life.